Sunday, December 14, 2008

Family Tree Album

The house is now duly decorated for Christmas. In fact, we had a Christmas Open House yesterday and I actually had a couple people comment that they wished I would come and decorate their houses for them!
Yes, the house pretty much exploded Christmas on both floors.

I've been working on putting together a family tree album for my Grandparents as a gift. I decided this is what I would do about a week and a half ago. I'm also going to make one for my father. I've been able to track down most of the information for the family, but it has been quite difficult to get in touch with two family members. No one seems to know how to reach them. I'm going to start putting the photos in place today, and my hope is that I will be able to track down the telephone numbers I need in the next few days, and then I will be able to get the final details in place and actually finish the "tree" part of the album.

My Dad's family is way too big; he's the oldest of 9. Can you imagine having 9 children? I have an Aunt that is 5 months younger than me, and an Uncle that is 6 years younger than I am. There is 36 years between the oldest grandchild (me) and the youngest one. Anyway, it has been quite the adventure gathering all the photos, making sure I had everyone covered off, and also making sure that one particular group of family members wasn't more pronounced than any others...

Truly, it has been a labour of love, and I am going to be so happy with it when it is done. Should keep me busy for the next little bit, anyway. You know, in case the whole "week before Christmas" isn't usually enough to keep me hopping!

1 comment:

SIG said...

I wish you'd do up my house too. Hehe. Any Christmas bakes for me? ;P I did not bake at all this year. Still in pain every day. :(