Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Busy time of year

Wow - Hubby was ticked when I told him about S's in-school suspension. He had gone to the school on Wednesday to pick up S and when he got there, he had told S that he wasn't in trouble, he just needed to come home.
He doesn't feel that S should have been given any form of 'punishment' the next day. After I explained my rationale about not calling the Principal that day, he understood, but I am pretty sure he will want to make sure additional follow up happens in the New Year.

We took the boys Christmas shopping on Saturday. Not my ideal time to be hitting a mall - hate malls at the best of times, never mind on the weekend before Christmas - but we had to finish our shopping, and the boys hadn't done any of theirs, either.
When we arrived at the mall, we established a meeting place, then went our separate ways. I was thinking that I had so much to finish, but in the long run, I didn't really take that much time to get what was needed. The line ups were pretty long sometimes, but the actually stores we not as busy as I had feared.
I had just finished up, and was planning on grabbing some lunch when I got a text from the A-man telling me that he and S were finished, so I asked them to come and meet me for lunch. As I was replying to the A-man, I got a text from Hubby telling me he was almost done, too. We all had lunch, picked up one final gift for my niece, and then headed home. Total time away from home was about 2 and a half hours.

I now have all presents wrapped except those that will go in stockings - it's a tradition that Hubby and I always do on the 23... wrap the stockings, take an inventory of what we have/need, then use the 24th to pick up anything that might have been forgotten. Most times there isn't anything that we 'need' to get, but it's just a nice way to spend a night together before Christmas hits.

This year we don't have anywhere we have to be for Christmas Eve. This is not normal for us. I am planning on making a nice ham dinner and then we are going to spend some time playing pool together and then watch a Christmas movie or two before bed. Christmas day will be busy as we will be visiting with Hubby's family in the afternoon and then heading to my parent's for dinner. This is the first in many years that I haven't been preparing the traditional Christmas dinner. (I am okay with that!)

We will be going to the large family function on Boxing Day, then the four of us will be heading up to visit my brother and his family for a few days. We should be home a couple of days before the New Year celebrations. We were originally supposed to spend New Year's Eve with my brother, but that didn't appear to be a viable plan, so this is next best thing. I am just happy that he is home, and safe. I wish he didn't have to go back.

I don't think I will have much of an opportunity to blog over the next week or so.

Have a wonderful Christmas, everyone.

Cuz, I will talk to you on Christmas morning, I am sure, but if not, have a great time with everyone. I am still anxious to hear about the gift the R-man purchased...

No comments: