Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Calmer

I can not believe how quickly my little chicks are growing! This weekend we introduced a slightly-raised roost for them, and quite a few of them have taken to that. I told Hubby last night that I thought we should add a second one in there, and perhaps raise them a bit more.
We are hoping to move the chicks out to the coop next weekend so that I have some time to get the area cleaned up before the pheasants arrive.
I think the weather is nice enough for them even if they haven't completely feathered out yet.

After work last night, I stayed in town to await the A-man's team. He got back to the school shortly after 7pm and was quite pleased that their team had won. His right forearm was a little sore from a tackle-take-down he had completed, but for the most part he was in good spirts.
I'd been down in the dumps for the entire day because of how the morning had gone, but, he seemed more than willing to forgive and forget, so that was nice.

The half hour drive home was spent talking about our respective days, a little bit about his "plan of attack" for completing his English homework, and just general conversation.
I really like that he and I are able to have conversations now. It's not adult to child conversations; more adult to young adult. It's nice to see the changes in him.

S was in a great mood when we got home and was all full of hugs and kisses for me. It was really nice to hear him laughing at something on the show he was watching when we came in. He told me his day had gone well, and he didn't have any homework.

Hubby and I had a chance to sit and talk last night, and then we all went off to bed. This morning was a much smoother, calmer morning, thankfully.

No comments: