Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Busy Weekend - Quieter Week

I left last Thursday for a weekend at a trade show.  My last offical trade show as an employee of the company, actually.

Thursday was a pretty good day.  Boss and I had to slug/lug quite a few boxes as a number of clients didn't feel the need to show up and actually do anything to their booths prior to the show.  Friday morning dawned early, and I found myself at the show quite early to make sure we had everything ready for the opening.

I called home that night around 8.  S informed me that he had been 'dumped' the night before and that he was okay that evening because he had cried it all out the night before.  We chatted for a little bit about various things and then he gave the phone to the A-man so that I could chat with him, too.

Sometime around midnight my cell phone rang.  It was the A-man asking me to talk to S.  Apparently S was very angry and doing some pretty silly things, including trying to take the trim off his bedroom door.  I will never understand what possesses him to do certain things.
I spoke with S for a few moments, and suggested that he just go to bed and that things would look much better in the morning.  I knew that Hubby would be home within the half hour, so I knew that if the tirade was still going on he would be able to deal with it then.

When I called home on Saturday, Hubby told me that both boys were in bed when he had arrived home and it had appeared that all was well.  I explained about the convervation the A-man and I had shared at midnight, and asked him to follow up on things.

I got home on Sunday around 6:30.  We had dinner and a hot tub, and I was in bed before 9pm.

Last night I had an opportunity to speak with S about the events of Friday night, and he told me that he really did not know why he became as upset as he had.  Actually, it appeared that he was getting his nights mixed up.  We talked about some coping techniques, and things to consider "the next time" but I'm not really putting much hope on his doing the right thing "next time."

This is my last week at this job.  I've been putting together a summary of the various tasks that I do, and I'm trying to include step by step instructions for many of them.  It's quite the novel right now.  I've forwarded it to K, and she and I and boss will be going over it in the next few days to make sure I have covered off most of it.

I still don't have a start date for my new position, but I am quite looking forward to having a couple of weeks off!

No comments: