Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Family Day Weekend

Yesterday was the first ever Family Day I have been home since the new holiday began three years ago.  The last two years I have been in Mississippi at the Governor's Conference.  The Conference was moved to two weeks later... and I'm not going to it this year since I'm leaving the company.

Anyway - since it was Family Day, I told the boys that if they helped with the house tidy in the morning, we would be able to use the afternoon to have some fun.  Hubby and I thought Family Winter Olympics on the Wii would be suiting since the Olympics are here in Canada right now.

S was looking forward to playing his actual Olympics game.  After everyone was ready, we got started.  The boys both had a turn at the skiing event.  Next up was Hubby and I.  We asked the A-man about the proper way to hold the romotes for this particular game, and the next thing we knew, S was having a MAJOR melt down.  He actually stormed off upstairs to "calm down before (he) screams his head off." 
Yeah - we sort of lost the joy of the game at this point.

Hubby turned the game off, and we decided to find a movie to watch instead.  I'm still not sure what brought on that explosion, but I just felt it was best to carry on and not bring it up again.

We had a pretty good weekend, though.  Hubby and I helped Nee move over the weekend.  She actually asked a crew of people to help her, and by the time we left on Saturday night, she was moved in and set up other than a few pictures on the walls.
Sunday the A-man had asked R out on a bowling date.  Nothing like a date with your parents and little brother along for fun.  We had a good time that afternoon.  Sunday evening was a chilling by the fireplace kind of night.

And now another work week begins...

No comments: