Monday, January 4, 2010

Quick update

It was a whirlwind of weeks, I will admit!


It was probably one of the best Christmas days I can remember in a very long time. I wrote a very long post that I thought had been published, but it doesn't seem to be here right now. I will have to try and find where it went!

But, that said, our family had a great holiday. We actually had three days in a row of seeing different family members, and each event was wonderful.

New Year's was a small gathering of friends at our house for a Thai-inspired dinner. I made the appetizers - chicken saytay and rice paper spring rolls, a beef/lime salad and yellow chicken curry with sticky rice. My friend made a Thai shrimp/squash soup, a shrimp pad Thai and a tiramisu with a Thai twist. It was a very yummy, yummy dinner, and everyone agreed that it tasted like anything you would find in a restaurant.

I took down the Christmas decorations yesterday, and had a very large fight with S regarding the completion of the Geography assignment. We actually had a couple of 'events' with S over the holidays, but I will have to take some time to compile those thoughts/actions before I post them on here. It was not some of his best behaviours for some of it - and yet some of his best of others.

An enigma; that’s my S.

No comments: